Wednesday, February 5, 2014
So much to discover about our world!
Image above: Satellite image showing southern Africa during flooding in 2013.
Sites related to GeogSplace
Australian Geography Teachers' Association website
Scoop.it sites for the class
One of the good things about geography is that there is always new geography being made. Every day there is another story that can be studied geographically. By watching the news, reading the paper and following the Internet news sites you will see that around the world things are happening and commentary being made on both physical and human geography. For example just today the following can be discussed:
1. Satellite images showing southern Africa before and during floods
2. Tropical Cyclone Felleng
3. Sinkhole swallows whole building complex in China
4. North Koreans eating their own children due to famine?
5. Every picture tells a story: true and false. An interesting look at Hurricane Sandy coverage: fake or not!
6. Population video on the arrival of the 7 billionth person on our planet.
7. Shocking Facts You Did Not Know A Minute Ago
8. Citizen geographers exposing North Korea
9. A typical person in the world
Come to class prepared to discuss, question and highlight things from these resources.